Heavy Duty Mechanic
A fully owned subsidiary of Quanta Services, Inc. (NYSE: PWR), Probst Electric Inc. is one of North America's premier utility construction companies. Probst has offices in Heber, Provo, and Salt Lake City, UT, as well as Farmington, NM, and Caldwell and Rupert, ID. We have completed projects all over the United States and in Canada.
Probst specializes in high-voltage transmission line construction, along with design-build, and maintenance services for both the public and private sector utilities. Our capabilities include transmission, distribution, substation, drilling, telecommunication, joint trench, foundations, and commercial electrical.
We offer our team members competitive pay and benefits, rewarding work, growth opportunities, and a constructive and collaborative environment to work in.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
Probst Electric is looking for a Heavy Truck & Equipment Mechanic to work out of Rupert, ID shop. This is a great opportunity to hone your skills and grow your career!
You will repair and maintain construction equipment, such as derricks, shovels, tractors, lo-drill, heavy trucks, excavators, and wire pulling equipment. Fabrication and welding will also be included in your duties and any other assigned tasks.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Experience with heavy truck and equipment repair and operation is required
- Proficiency with fabrication and welding required
- Must be willing to travel to nearby worksites to perform field maintenance.
- Ability to work long hours and move/lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), or be willing to obtain one within 60 days of employment
- Valid DOT Medical Certification
- Relevant certifications or formal education is not required but preferred
- Pass pre-employment and random drug screenings
- Must remain in compliance with OSHA and other Federal, State, and local safety regulations.