A fully owned subsidiary of Quanta Services, Inc. (NYSE: PWR), Probst Electric Inc. is one of North America's premier utility construction companies. Probst has offices in Heber, Provo, and Salt Lake City, UT, as well as Farmington, NM, and Caldwell and Rupert, ID. We have completed projects all over the United States and in Canada.
Probst specializes in high-voltage transmission line construction, along with design-build, and maintenance services for both the public and private sector utilities. Our capabilities include transmission, distribution, substation, drilling, telecommunication, joint trench, foundations, and commercial electrical.
Probst offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) matching up to 4.5%
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Work for the largest utility contractor in North America
This position will assist with an ongoing powerline project in northwestern Colorado. Subsequent projects may require travel to other locations throughout the US.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical distribution and transmission systems, including conduits, cables, wires, and related equipment, such as transformers, circuit breakers, and switches.
- String wire conductors and cables between poles, towers, trenches, pylons, and buildings, setting lines in place and using winches to adjust tension.
- Open switches or attach grounding devices to remove electrical hazards from disturbed or fallen lines or to facilitate repairs.
- Climb poles or use truck-mounted buckets to access equipment.
- Place insulating or fireproofing materials over conductors and joints.
- Identify defective sectionalizing devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, switches, relays, or wiring, using wiring diagrams and electrical-testing instruments.
- Inspect and test power lines and auxiliary equipment to locate and identify problems, using reading and testing instruments.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as track hoes, backhoes, digger derricks, lo-drill, air drill, forklift, cranes, skid steers, line pullers, or line tensioners.
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work.
- Adhere to safety practices and procedures, such as checking equipment regularly and erecting barriers around work areas.
- Excavate and drill holes
- Erect and maintain structures
- Right of Way clearing and reclamation
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Journeyman certificate or have relevant experience
- Must possess a valid CDL and Medical Card
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations
- Ability to work long hours outdoors in all types of conditions
- Must be able to perform demanding physical tasks
- Pass pre-employment and other drug screening requirements