Heavy Duty Mechanic
Probst Electric is one of North America's premier utility construction companies. Probst operates from a Headquarters in Utah and has completed projects all over the United States. Probst performs new-build, design-build, and maintenance services for both the public and private sector utilities. Probst offers construction and maintenance services in a variety of utility markets including transmission, distribution, substation, drilling, and associated electrical.
Probst Electric is a fully owned subsidiary of Quanta Services, Inc.
Probst is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k available.
We offer our team members competitive pay and benefits, rewarding work, growth opportunities, and a constructive and collaborative environment to work in.
Probst Electric is looking for a Heavy Truck & Equipment Mechanic to work out of Rupert, ID shop. This is a great opportunity to hone your skills and grow your career!
You will repair and maintain construction equipment, such as derricks, shovels, tractors, lo-drill, heavy trucks, excavators, and wire pulling equipment. Fabrication and welding will also be included in your duties and any other assigned tasks.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Experience with heavy truck and equipment repair and operation is required
- Proficiency with fabrication and welding required
- Must be willing to travel to nearby worksites to perform field maintenance.
- Ability to work long hours and move/lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), or be willing to obtain one within 60 days of employment
- Valid DOT Medical Certification
- Relevant certifications or formal education is not required but preferred
- Pass pre-employment and random drug screenings
- Must remain in compliance with OSHA and other Federal, State, and local safety regulations.