Field Project Engineer
A fully owned subsidiary of Quanta Services, Inc. (NYSE: PWR), Probst Electric Inc. is one of North America's premier utility construction companies. Probst has offices in Heber, Provo, and Salt Lake City, UT, as well as Farmington, NM, and Caldwell and Rupert, ID. We have completed projects all over the United States and in Canada.
Probst specializes in high-voltage transmission line construction, along with design-build, and maintenance services for both the public and private sector utilities. Our capabilities include transmission, distribution, substation, drilling, telecommunication, joint trench, foundations, and commercial electrical.
Probst offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
*This position will be based out of Craig, CO, and require regular travel to construction sites.
The Project Engineer will participate in the planning, directing, or coordinating of high-voltage powerline construction and maintenance projects throughout the country. You will participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, subcontractors, safety, quality, and implementation.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Assist with managing project costs to stay within the forecasted budget range.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, subcontractors, or engineers to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Execute corrective actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management strongly preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Must pass mandatory drug and alcohol screening(s).