Senior Project Manager
Probst Electric is one of North America's premier utility construction companies. Probst operates from a Headquarters in Utah and has completed projects all over the United States. Probst performs new build, design build, and maintenance services for both the public and private sector utilities. Probst offers construction and maintenance services in a variety of utility markets including transmission, distribution, substation, drilling, and associated electrical.
Probst Electric is a fully-owned subsidiary of Quanta Services, Inc.
Probst is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k available.
This position entails managing commercial electrical projects throughout Utah and Idaho. You will be in charge of planning, directing, or coordinating, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with building and maintaining facilities and systems. You will participate in the conceptual development of a project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, subcontractors, safety, quality, and implementation.
*This position can work out of our Sandy or Heber, UT offices or our Rupert or Caldwell, ID offices.
- Schedule projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with engineers, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with constructing or maintaining structures, facilities, or systems.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- At least 5 years of commercial electric project management experience
- A degree or certification in an associated field is preferred; relevant work experience is an acceptable substitute
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, and applicable project management programs
- Must pass mandatory drug and alcohol screening(s)
- Good written and oral communication
- Project Manager Certification preferred