A fully owned subsidiary of Quanta Services, Inc. (NYSE: PWR), Probst Electric Inc. is one of North America's premier utility construction companies. Probst has offices in Heber, Provo, and Salt Lake City, UT, as well as Farmington, NM, and Caldwell and Rupert, ID. We have completed projects all over the United States and in Canada.
Probst specializes in high-voltage transmission line construction, along with design-build, and maintenance services for both the public and private sector utilities. Our capabilities include transmission, distribution, substation, drilling, telecommunication, joint trench, foundations, and commercial electrical.
We offer our team members competitive pay and benefits, rewarding work, growth opportunities, and a constructive and collaborative environment to work in.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
Develops accurate and timely electrical construction estimates on which we base competitive bids and proposals for our client-base of general contractors, owners, developers and end-users.
- Pre-qualification with specified clients.
- Analyze and interpret detailed drawings and specifications.
- Perform budget pricing from schematic drawings and narrative.
- Draft scope letters, proposals and vendor solicitations.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, collaborations and conferences with clients and design professionals.
- Support the department leader with the functioning of the Estimating Department; ongoing development and maintenance of computerized estimating programs and databases.
- Work under deadline pressures in an efficient, composed and calm manner.
- Work alongside other estimators, project managers and project engineers on change orders and cost to complete estimates of ongoing projects.
- Determine appropriate construction methods for bidding purposes.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years of electrical estimation experience
- Must pass mandatory drug and alcohol screening(s)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, and applicable Engineering programs
- Good written and oral communication
- Must be proficient in Excel, need to be able to program formulas, pivot tables, etc...
- Degree in associated field preferred
- Document management software
- Strong analytical and mathematic skills
- Must be able to interpret blueprints, drawings, and plan & profiles